WHY

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 |

I am 25 and half way through in the rush to reach the next number, which will be after all just another number…I never was startled the day I reached 25. But in non-cricketing terms, 25 is like a half century…and a century is when you hit 50...confused eh…The whole point is once you reach 25 you are no longer eligible for those youth passes and other such privileges…This is the age when you look back and say...”wow…what freaking thing did I achieve in the past 25 years…what freaking time I have to achieve …something which I myself don’t know”. Weren’t you supposed to achieve something all these years...?

I hate to think too much…I hate to make my brain work hard…But then there are some questions whose answers are to be found however undesirably confusing it is…In IT industry the dream of most newbie’s are getting a onsite chance…We apply for visas for which we submit resumes…the visa officer grants us the visa which takes you to the far far away land which you craved for…

But if we extrapolate the whole thing in the larger context of life...the onsite is some place called heaven probably somewhere 20 000 feet above Mount Everest…It should be quite a fun place…country music…and nice wine... Our resumes are how we performed in offshore with fellow humans…We have our own visa officers…My favorite is St Peter and I have many friends who rely on Yamadev as well…But then the whole point is about having a good resume if otherwise the chances of your applications getting rejected are quite high…

You may not get that elusive onsite chance…or maybe there isn’t any onsite at all... or maybe your resume might be rejected for some reason…for some reason you don’t know…

But all that I want to do now is to write an honest resume for myself…A resume which is free of pretences and which is honest to my conscience.

No comments: